Myanmar To Thailand, Myawaddy/Mae Sot (APR 2016)
- Parked, went inside the immigration office on the right side and filled out a departure card.
- Immigration officer entered details into his computer and took a photograph, passport stamped with exit stamp.
- Went to customs office opposite immigration, customs officer signed and stamped Carnet.
- No car inspection or search.
Border was fairly busy but we did cross in the afternoon, fairly straightforward - to exit Myanmar took around 20 minutes and 1 hr 15 min to complete all the Thai paperwork and formalities. We did not have to pay any fees or charges to exit Myanmar or enter Thailand.
Cambodia To Thailand, Osmach/Kap Choeng (JUN 2016)
- Parked just after first gateway, Osmach Customs and Excise Station- small office on left side. Stamped Carnet out.
- Drove and parked just before next gate - Immigration checkpoint. Departures office on right side, stamped passport with exit stamp - no fee.
- Drove through Cambodia exit gate.
- Parked, just after Cambodia exit gate at ‘medical health office’. Officer was very friendly, filled out a mystery form using details form our passports - no fees or charges.
- Went to ‘Passport arrivals’ small office next to medical health office, picked up an arrivals/departures card form office on left side and filled out both sections.
- Took passport and arrivals/departures form to the passport arrivals window on the right side. Immigration officer took details form passport and entered into computer system, took photo. Requested 30 days visa - no problem. Entry stamp entered into Passport - no fees or charges.
- Went to ‘Boundary Post Customs’ office, next small office building on left side. Stamped Carnet entry (and exit- little too efficient!). Entered Car details and drivers passport details into computer system, printed out a ‘Simplified Customs Declaration’ form.
- Took the simplified customs declaration form to the Immigration kiosk opposite, customs officer filled out ‘Information of Conveyance’ form
- All paperwork complete, drove out of final exit barrier, police checkpoint- passports checked
Overall a very quiet and friendly border crossing- we crossed on a Sunday at midday and the whole exit and entry process took only 40 minutes with no queues, no hassle, no corruption and not a single charge or fee on either side.
This information is about our experience applying for visas and crossing borders. Obviously please try and find the most recent information you can as visa application and border information changes daily. If you have any questions please feel free to email us.